There are a lot of supplements on the market that claim to help you build muscle. Anavar and creatine are two of the most popular ones.
But does taking them really do anything for your muscles?
Creatine is a natural amino acid peptide vastly different from Steroids and will never have the same side effects in a million years.
There are still some who would want to use Creatine while using Steroids, such as Anavar.
But how do they differ?
Anavar is dihydrogen testosterone (DHT) derivative anabolic steroid that will bind to Androgen Receptors and cause a biological change in the body resulting in increased muscle mass. Creatine is an Amino Acid peptide that will increase your ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) storage in the body.
These two will completely affect the body, good and bad.
Because of this, there are certain times you would want to use one or the other. Let’s take an in-depth look at both.
Table of Contents
Why use Anavar?
Anavar is an anabolic steroid, meaning it is an artificially created hormone.
Anavar falls into the dihydrogen testosterone (DHT) family of steroids that will have certain attributes such as:
- Does not convert to estrogen: Unlike pure Testosterone, Anavar and all other DHTs will not convert into estrogen via the aromatase enzyme in fat cells.
- Increases strength: DHT has been directly linked to force production; thus, DHT steroids are known to increase strength dramatically.
- Fullness: Because Anavar is taken oral, it will do a lot of cell volumization, resulting in a “full and round” look
Looking at all these attributes, it would make sense that Anavar is an excellent cutting compound.
While Anavar doesn’t cause lipolysis or cause the release of Lipase in the body, it can help keep strength high.
By keeping strength high, you’ll be able to continue moving heavy weights, which will result in better fat loss and muscle retention.
That being said, because Anavar is not as “wet” as other compounds, you can easily use Anavar in the off-season to elicit growth without bloating issues.
Anavar is also commonly used by females as the androgenic side effects are quite low.
Why Use Creatine?
Creatine is classified as an Amino Acid Peptide, meaning it is a string of Amino Acids bound with peptide bonds in between – hence the name.
Creatine is produced naturally in the body and most other animals on earth.
This means that not only do you make your Creatine, but by eating the flesh (meat) of other animals, you get more Creatine.
You can also use a supplement, but why would you want to do that?
- Increase in Strength: Various studies have shown that Creatine supplementation combined with resistance training massively increased force production in muscle tissue.
- Increase in Endurance: Studies have shown that Creatine can increase your endurance, but only for higher-intensity activities. Creatine does not increase endurance for longer intensity activities.
- Brain Function: When tested, meat-eaters and vegans have similar levels of Creatine in the brain but different levels in the body. This, combined with other studies, indicates that Creatine can play an important role in brain function.
You can use Creatine both when trying to lose fat or increase muscle mass. Many will tell you that Creatine will “cause bloating,” but it simply does not.
Because it keeps strength high, it is the perfect supplement when trying to lose weight.
Can I use Creatine with Steroids?
Creatine is classified as an Amino Acid Peptide, meaning it is a string of Amino Acids bound with peptide bonds. While steroids are synthetic versions of the male hormone Testosterone or derivatives of it.
These two are not the same and should never really be confused with one another.
Theoretically, you could use Creatine with Steroids such as Anavar, but two main things need to be discussed: your kidneys and the increment of creatine production naturally.
It will not come as a surprise that Steroids are renal toxic and will severely impact your kidney health.
This is worsened the bigger you get, as just being large will negatively impact kidney health.
Creatine does not negatively affect your kidneys but may worsen pre-existing issues. No studies are showing that both at the same time are “bad,” but it is not advised.
Why would you want to do that?
Steroids are known to increase your natural production of Creatine, and you’ll be eating a lot of meat anyway; thus, there might not be a reason for Creatine supplementation.
Overall, it will probably not be worth it to use Creatine. There could be a potential side effect overlap, and there is little reason to do so.
How to use Anavar and Creatine
Both of these are very forgiving compounds.
You should be relatively safe even if you under or over-administer a dose (within reason). There are certainly particular recommendations that you will need to follow to see the best results.
How to use Anavar in Bodybuilding and fitness
Anavar is an anabolic steroid of the dihydrogen testosterone (DHT) derivative.
This firstly means that, for the most part, side effects should be low. You will still have the typical side effects such as Kidney Strain.
That being said, the dose of Anavar you use depends on your goals, age, experience, health, and sex.
Doses you can follow for 4 – 8 weeks are:
- Healthy Males using Anavar for Muscle Growth: 20 – 50mg of Anavar per day should be safe
- Healthy Males using Anavar while losing fat: 20 – 75mg of Anavar per day should be safe
- Healthy Females using Anavar for Muscle Growth: 10 – 25mg of Anavar per day should be safe
- Healthy Females using Anavar while losing fat: 10 – 40mg of Anavar per day should be safe
Dosing will differ from one person to another. You should always keep an eye on your health markers to ensure you don’t have serious health complications.
How to use Creatine in Bodybuilding and fitness
Compared to Anavar, Creatine has a lot fewer side effects. Some people complain that they have a stomach issue when using Creatine initially, and that’s about it.
While Creatine is pretty effective at increasing muscle strength and size, Anavar will be much stronger.
Here is how you use Creatine:
Healthy individuals: 5g of Creatine daily
You can also use the Loading Phase, which will allow your muscles to be saturated by the Creatine much faster.
The loading phase takes 20g of Creatine daily for the first seven days.
Lastly, Creatine does not need to be cycled and can be used indefinitely.
How to use Creatine and Anavar together for maximum results?
Using Creatine and Anavar together can be very effective, but you need to be sure you are healthy and have no kidney problems before starting. It is not advisable to take these two supplements together if you have any health issues.
Creatine is a natural compound that helps the body produce energy. It has been shown to be safe and effective for increasing muscle mass and strength.
Anavar is a synthetic anabolic steroid that also helps increase muscle mass and strength, but it can be dangerous if not used properly.
When taken together, Creatine and Anavar can help you see amazing results in a short period of time. Just make sure you are healthy and do your research before starting any new supplement regimen.
Creatine and Anavar Side Effects
Creatine Side Effects
As mentioned before, Creatine has fewer side effects than Anavar.
Creatine is a natural substance produced by the body, and supplementing with more almost exclusively has benefits.
That being said, certain individuals still report these side effects:
- Bloating: Some people have reported that they experience intense water bloating while on Creatine. The reality is that Creatine does not cause bloat but only causes water retention intramuscularly. This means you’ll look bigger because your muscles are bigger.
- Digestion Issues: In the loading phase, the influx of Creatine can be too much for the stomach to handle, and some people report gastric issues.
- Cramping: Some people have also claimed that they tend to cramp more on Creatine. Since Creatine does not cause Dehydration of any sort, it is impossible that Creatine is causing this. The more likely explanation is that the individuals are working a lot harder in the gym (due to Creatine), which may cause Dehydration.
Anavar Side Effects
Anavar is a dihydrogen testosterone (DHT) derivative Steroid, which means it has fewer side effects when compared to other Steroids.
Anavar has these side effects:
- HPG Axis Shutdown: All Steroid use will downregulate the Natural Testosterone production of the individual using it, and prolonged use can lead to total shutdown and even infertility.
- Kidney Damage: Anavar is different from other orals as it is not digested by the Liver but rather by the Kidneys, meaning prolonged use will put a great strain on the kidneys.
- Cholesterol: All Steroids will cause a reduction in HDL levels but increase LDL and Total Cholesterol levels.
- Blood Pressure: All Steroids will cause an increase in red blood cells and hematocrit levels, which in turn will increase blood pressure.
- Hair Loss: Anavar may cause hair loss when used in higher doses.
- Androgenic Side Effects: Even though Anavar is “low” on Androgenic side effects, it may still cause some of them.
- Hunger: Anavar, and all other oral Steroids, will cause some hunger suppression
Read more on Anavar side effects here.
Legal Alternative to Anavar
Aside from the myriad of adverse effects of Anavar, the biggest drawback has to be the fact that it is an illegal compound. As purchasing and using it without a medical prescription will get you in trouble.
There might be a solution, however, coming from the good folk over at CrazyBulk.
Crazy Bulk is a company that makes products designed to replace their illegal counterparts with the intent of still giving the positive effects but removing the negative ones.
If you’re looking for a legal alternative to Anavar, you can look at ANVAROL, which has been clinically dosed to give you a huge increase in muscle mass and recovery.
This can be used when trying to lose weight or gain mass, as the positive effects will help you regardless.
FAQs on Anavar and Creatine
What supplements to take while on Anavar?
While taking any steroids, there are certain health implications you will need to pay attention to. This might be like doing more cardio.
We can look towards supplements to help us in this endeavor as well:
- Organ Support: This supplement is purely to manage or reduce the damage that Anavar is causing to the Liver and the kidneys.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a very common supplement used while using Steroids to minimize the damage that the Steroids are doing to the body and organs.
- Slow Niacin: This is purely to decrease blood pressure while on Steroids.
- Chromium: This is something you should be used year-round, as Chromium can help increase your body’s response to Carbohydrates. More carbs mean greater growth.
- ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6): Another supplement that should be used around as most people are deficient in Zinc, and this combo can increase sleep quality significantly.
- Omega 3: The most important on the list and the one you should get the most of. Has neuro – and organ benefits.
Are Anavar and Creatine a good mix?
No, not at all. Anavar will have a significant impact on Kidney function, which can be worsened by adding Creatine on top of that.
How long does it take for Creatine to show results?
If you use the loading phase, you can see and feel results within the first month. Typically, results will be felt within the first eight weeks of using Creatine monohydrate.
How long does it take for Anavar to show results?
Anavar is an oral steroid, which is known to act a lot faster than injectable steroids.
This means you will probably feel the effects of Anavar within the first two weeks of using the compound.
Can you take Creatine while on Growth Hormone?
Growth Hormone is a peptide usually used to either increase muscle mass, stimulate fat loss, or help slow aging.
You can take Creatine with Growth Hormone; be sure to check your blood pressure now and then.
Will Creatine make me look leaner?
Many will argue that Creatine will make you look bulkier and bloated.
The reality is the only thing that will make you look bloated is fat and mismanagement of salt intake. Creatine might make you look leaner yet fuller, granted you are somewhat leaner already.
Will Creatine make me look bigger?
Creatine won’t magically build lean muscle mass, nor will it convert to fat. That being said, Creatine might make you appear bigger and fuller.
So, there you have it.
Anavar and Creatine are two great supplements to consider if you’re looking to increase your muscle mass and strength.
If you’re new to weightlifting or bodybuilding, we recommend starting with a lower dosage of each supplement and gradually working your way up as needed. Always consult with a doctor before beginning any new supplement regimen, especially if you have any preexisting health conditions.
Remember, we never support the use of steroids in any way. However, we highly recommend safer, legal, and healthier options from CrazyBulk.com.