When it comes to getting in the best shape for any kind of boxing – boxing, kickboxing, etc…
What kind of pre-workout supplement is the best to keep you going?
Some people might think that any old pre-workout will do, but that’s not always the case. In fact, there are a few specific ingredients that are especially beneficial for boxing and kickboxing.
So if you’re looking to improve your performance in these sports, this list will assist you in choosing the best pre-workout to help you achieve your boxing goals.
What are the Benefits of Pre-Workouts for Boxing?
Boxing, like any other sport, requires you to expend large amounts of energy even if you are not a professional boxer and only box to be fit.
While a good diet and adequate sleep play a big role in how tired you are after a workout, sometimes your body needs an extra burst of energy to help you keep going. This is where a pre-workout supplement can do wonders.
Pre-workout supplements are specifically designed to provide you with an extra burst of energy and reduce how quickly you fatigue during a workout.
The benefit of such supplements is that they provide you with the energy to exercise for longer periods, but they also allow you to continue with the rest of your day without feeling lethargic and drained.
Pre-workouts are also beneficial in helping you increase your muscle mass as a boxer.
The main idea behind a good pre-workout is to increase your energy levels, but many pre-workout supplements are also packed with other nutrients like amino acids.
These amino acids are then used for protein synthesis in the body. Proteins are what make up muscles and amino acids help speed up the time it takes to increase muscle mass.
Additionally, amino acids are capable of increasing blood flow in the body. Increased blood flow allows for more oxygen to reach the muscles and other parts of the body.
This improved oxygen transport allows you to work out for longer periods. It also reduces the amount of time required for you to recover after a boxing workout session,
What are the 10 Best Pre-Workouts for Boxing?
The following are the 10 best pre-workouts for boxing:
1. Crazy Nutrition Pre-Workout
Crazy Nutrition is a sub-brand of Wolfson Brands Limited. The Wolfson Brand is a well-known and trusted brand in the world of nutritional supplements.
It has been a part of the supplement world for more than ten years and has claimed a permanent spot in the world of health and nutrition.
Their goal is to create products that help athletes and fitness fanatics alike. The facilities in which these supplements are certified by the federal drug administration.
Every ingredient that is used in the formulation of these products is proven to be beneficial and is of the highest quality.
Among these supplements created by Crazy Nutrition is the Crazy Nutrition Pre Train pre-workout. This supplement, like all supplements from this brand, is created using ingredients that will help you reach your fitness goal.
This pre-workout supplement is created to help increase your energy levels and provide you with the benefits you are looking for in a pre-workout.
- The crazy nutrition-intensive pre-train pre-workout supplement is a powder formula. It needs to be added to water and shaken well before use
- The supplement is made using 19 powerful, high-quality ingredients that will help you achieve your fitness goal faster
- The crazy nutrition-intensive pre-train supplement contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin C, vitamin B6, iron, and folic acid
- The vitamins and minerals in this supplement are capable of increasing the body’s immune function
- This pre-workout supplement contains several amino acids which are used for various functions in the body
- The Citrulline in this supplement increases the production of nitric oxide, which leads to increased blood flow and oxygen delivery
- The amino acid beta-alanine is capable of increasing your exercise performance and also reducing fatigue as a boxer
- The supplement contains 200 mg of caffeine which is the stimulant portion of the pre-workout supplement
- The supplement contains piperine which helps increase absorption in the digestive tract
- The supplement comes in one flavor, blue raspberry
The price of this supplement is $39.99 for a single container of 446 grams.
2. Legion Pulse
Legion is a sports and fitness company that specializes in supplements. They provide supplements for various fitness needs such as weight loss, muscle gain, and increased strength.
The company is the number one brand for natural sports supplements worldwide. In 8 short years, they have sold 2 million supplements to more than 300,000 consumers.
The goal for this company is not to add more supplements to a market that is already saturated with nutritional supplements, and the goal is to create quality products that work.
They aim to help you make positive changes in your life and to help you achieve the fitness goals you have set out for yourself.
Among these products is their legion pulse natural pre-workout.
This product, like all other supplements created by this company, is made with the highest quality of ingredients and is proven to be effective for boxers, athletes, and bodybuilders.
- This pre-workout supplement is a powder formulation that needs to be mixed with water before consumption
- The supplement is free of artificial flavorings and colorings
- The supplement comes with a 100$ money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product’s effectiveness
- The supplement contains 350 mg of caffeine which acts as the stimulant that is necessary for a pre-workout supplement
- The supplement contains l-theanine, which counteracts the side effects that accompany high doses of caffeine, such as post-caffeine crashes, jitters, and anxiety
- The amino acid beta-alanine is used in increasing muscle mass and endurance in boxing
- The supplement comes in 16 different flavors, watermelon, tropical punch, strawberry kiwi, sour candy, pink lemonade, green apple, grape, fruit punch, frosted cranberry, bubble gum, blueberry lemonade, cherry limeade, blue raspberry, blood orange, an arctic blast, and apple cider
The supplement comes in two forms, a container of 21 servings costing $35.99 and a container of 10 servings costing $24.99. If you subscribe to the site, you can save 10%.
3. GAT Sport NITRAFLEX
GAT Sport is a health and wellness brand that has been around for more than 20 years. This is a company that is renowned and trusted.
The products that this company creates from day 1 are those that benefit their consumers and help them live better healthier lives.
GAT Sport pushes you to do better and to be better, much like a personal trainer. They have created high-quality products using the finest of ingredients to help you reach the goals you have set for yourself.
GAT Sports aims to support you on your journey of health and fitness.
One of their many products is the GAT Sport Nitra flex. Like all their other products, this supplement is manufactured in the United States.
The facilities in which these products are made are approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA). Their formulations are made to assist fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike.
- The ingredients used in this supplement have all been clinically studied
- The goal of this supplement is to help you increase your strength, stamina, energy, and focus as a kickboxer
- This supplement is incredibly potent that just one scoop is enough to create the shake
- GAT Sport uses its patented nitrosigine in its pre-workout supplement. This ingredient has been clinically tested and shows an increase in mental focus blood flow and boosts muscle mass
- Compared to other pre-workout supplements, the GAT Sport Nitroflex contains a higher quantity of citrulline. This leads to an increase in the levels of nitric oxide, which directly increases blood flow and oxygen supply
- The supplement contains 325 mg of caffeine as a stimulant. This high amount of caffeine is more than enough to keep your energy levels boosted in even the most intense of workouts
- The boron in this supplement increases testosterone levels in the body. This hormone is beneficial in increasing muscle mass
- The supplement is available in 12 different flavors, grape, beach blast, blue raspberry, blood orange, blackberry lemonade, strawberry mango, guava dragon fruit, lemon tea, green apple, fruit punch, black cherry, and watermelon.
The price of this supplement is $34.99 for one container, which has 30 servings.
4. Vintage Blast
A successful brand has strong inspiration and determination in what they aim to do. Old School Labs is a health and wellness company that was inspired by the golden era of bodybuilding.
The company was created as a bridge so that today’s athletes could tap into the magic of the golden era.
Old School Labs believes that every single person is capable of achieving their goals, of making a name for themselves in today’s world.
They believe that with the help of their products, people can write their own stories and make history. They believe in what they create and that you should not have to compromise on anything to reach your goals.
Their products are created with the highest quality ingredients. Their products are made to be effective and show real results. You can trust that Old School Labs will never sell your anything substandard.
One such product in their wide range of supplements is their Vintage Blast Pre-workout supplement.
- The vintage blast pre-workout supplement is sold as a powder formulation. It needs to be added to water and mixed thoroughly before consumption
- This pre-workout supplement differs from other pre-workouts due to its method of delivery. It provides you with energy in 2 phases a short initial burst and a long slow delivery
- This supplement ensures that you are pumped full of energy and completely hydrated over a long period
- This supplement contains several vitamins and minerals which are beneficial for your overall health and immunity. These include vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, sodium, and potassium
- This supplement contains a stage 1 group of ingredients that are responsible for the initial burst of energy. These include Citrulline, 150 mg of caffeine, beta-alanine, carnitine, and arginine alpha-ketoglutarate
- The 2nd group of ingredients that allow for a slower release of energy over a long period includes aspartic acid, tyrosine, and 100 mg of microencapsulated caffeine
- This supplement is available in 3 different flavors, peach lemonade, blueberry lemonade, and smoked pineapple
The cost of one container of this supplement which has 20 servings, is $33.99. If you subscribe to their website, you can save 15%.
5. Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged
Kaged is an elite supplement brand. It was created to fill a gap in the supplement market for health supplements that are ultra-premium, proven to work, and based entirely on improving your overall health.
These supplements are a way for you to improve your lifestyle, and to help you reach the goals you have set for yourself in a shorter time frame.
Kaged is a brand that aims to make your life easier. They save you time from researching ingredients and understanding exactly what is being put into your supplement.
Every product that they produce is done through a transparent process so you can place your trust in the company to look after your health.
They ensure that the ingredients they use are of the best standard quality and, most importantly, are proven to work. Among their many supplement options is the Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged Premium pre-workout.
Like all products from this company, this supplement is made to meet the most stringent of standards of quality.
- The Kaged muscle pre-kaged premium pre-workout is a powder supplement. To make the supplement, you need to add one scoop of water and mix well
- This supplement helps to prevent dehydration during an intense workout. It contains Coconut water powder
- The supplement contains vitamins that play an important role in your immune system. These vitamins include vitamin B6 and B12
- This pre-workout supplement contains the amino acid citrulline. This amino acid helps to boost the production of nitric oxide, which then leads to increased blood flow and oxygen delivery
- The supplement contains branched-chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine. This is the muscle fuel matrix and helps to boost muscle growth
- The leucine in the supplement acts as an anabolic amino acid. It helps in the repair of muscles post-workout and increases muscle size
- This supplement contains 274 mg of caffeine, and this helps to increase energy levels as well as improve focus
- The Kage Muscle pre-kaged premium pre-workout comes in 7 different flavors, cherry bomb, fruit punch, crisp apple, pink lemonade, orange Krush, grape, and berry blast
The Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged Premium Pre-workout costs $39.99 for a container of 20 servings. If you subscribe to the Kaged website, you can save 10%.
6. NO-Xplode 2.0
Bio-engineered Supplements and Nutrition Inc. is, commonly known as BSN, is a health and nutrition brand.
The supplement brand was established in 2001 and has become a well-known and trusted name in the world of health and fitness. Due to their dedication to their craft, the business has become one of the most successful names in the supplement world.
Their products are multi-functional, with one supplement providing a myriad of benefits to your health and wellness. Every product that BSN creates is made using the highest quality ingredients.
These supplements are created to help you reach your health and fitness goals in a safe and fast manner.
Among some of the many products that BSN creates is the N.O-Xplode 2.0 pre-workout supplement.
Like all other products that BSN makes, this supplement is created with the best ingredients that are proven to work and will help you reach your goal faster.
- This supplement aims to improve your energy levels and increase your endurance. The supplement also helps to increase your overall focus
- This supplement contains a variety of vitamins and minerals which will help improve your immunity and overall health. These vitamins and minerals include vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, calcium, potassium, and magnesium
- This pre-workout supplement contains citrulline, an amino acid that helps to boost the synthesis of nitric oxide in the body. This then allows for increased blood flow and oxygen delivery, reducing muscle fatigue and allowing for longer workouts
- The amino acid beta-alanine is used in this supplement to help increase endurance during workouts and other strenuous daily activities
- The supplement comes in 5 different flavors, blue raspberry, fruit punch, grape, green apple, and watermelon
The N.O- Xplode 2.0 comes in a container of 30 servings and 60 servings. The cost of the 60 servings tub is $54.99, while the 30-serving tub costs less.
7. Cellucor C4 Extreme
Cellucor is a health and fitness that focuses on nutritional supplements. These supplements are created for any need that you may have regarding your health and fitness journey.
Cellucor is a trusted name among supplement users and has effective products. Cellucor makes products that follow through on the claims that they make.
The company has a wide range of supplements to choose from. They have supplements to increase your testosterone levels, help you in losing weight, and in increasing your muscle.
Each supplement is made using high-quality ingredients that cater to specific needs. The site even offers a quiz to help you choose the right supplement for you.
Among the many different supplements that Cellucor offers its users is the Cellucor C4 Extreme pre-workout supplement. This supplement, like all other products created by cellucor, is made using high-quality ingredients.
- The Cellucor C4 Extreme pre-workout supplement is created in powder form, and it needs to be mixed with water before consumption
- This supplement contains beta-alanine, which helps to increase your stamina and endurance. This allows you to work out for longer intervals. The more you exercise, the faster you can increase your strength and muscle mass
- This pre-workout supplement contains creatine, which is used to help increase energy levels and enhance athletic performance
- This pre-workout supplement contains huperzine, a substance that helps increase mental focus as a boxer
- The supplement contains a total of 200 mg of caffeine which acts as the stimulant required in a pre-workout supplement
- This supplement contains the amino acid citrulline. This amino acid increases nitric acid, which then leads to an increase in blood flow and oxygen delivery during boxing training
- This supplement comes in 6 different flavors, midnight cherry, sour batch bros, icy blue razz, fruit punch, watermelon, and ultra-frost
This supplement comes in a 30-serving container and 60 serving container. The container of 30 servings costs $34.99, and the 60 servings container costs $49.99. If you subscribe to the website, you can save 30%.
8. ENGN Pre-Workout by Evlution Nutrition
Evlution is a nutritional supplement company. They make numerous supplements for various health and fitness needs. The company is based on a foundation of dedication and passion for health and wellness.
They continuously work to improve their products and make them to the best possible quality to improve the lives of their consumers.
Evlution creates numerous different supplements for various needs.
The ENGN pre-workout is among the list of supplements that Evlution has created. This supplement, like all other products made by Evlution, is made using the best possible ingredients.
- This pre-workout supplement is a powder formulation that requires water to be consumable
- The supplement contains several vitamins like vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12. These vitamins help to improve the body’s immunity
- The creatine in this supplement helps to boost athletic ability and energy levels
- The caffeine in this supplement is the stimulant aspect of this pre-workout. It helps to increase energy levels
- The L-theanine is used to reduce caffeine’s side effects like jitters and post-caffeine crashes
- The supplement comes in 4 different flavors blue Raz, pink lemonade, furious grape, and cherry lemonade
The cost of this supplement is $31.99 for a container of 30 servings.
9. ProSupps Mr. Hyde
ProSupps is a nutritional supplement brand that caters to the needs of athletes and fitness enthusiasts alike. The supplements it crates are of the highest quality; one such supplement is the ProSupps Mr. Hyde pre-workout supplement.
- This powder supplement can easily be made by adding one scoop to water and mixing well
- This pre-workout contains amino acids such as tyrosine and creatine
- It contains 206 mg of caffeine
- The supplement comes in 3 flavors blue razz popsicle, lollipop punch, and watermelon
The cost of this supplement is $24.99 for one container with 30 servings.
What are the Key Features of the Best Pre-Workouts for Boxing?
The following are the key features of the best pre-workouts for boxing:
When you are looking to purchase a pre-workout supplement, you should look for one that has a stimulant. This stimulant is necessary to increase your energy levels.
Any pre-workout that claims to increase your energy levels but does not have any stimulants in its formulation is one you should avoid.
The stimulant can be anything from caffeine to herbs that claim to increase your energy. This boost in energy is what helps you work out for longer periods and reduces your fatigue so you can carry on with the remainder of your day easily.
A good pre-workout supplement should contain amino acids. The more amino acids a supplement contains, the better the choice. These amino acids are an essential part of protein synthesis in the body.
The proteins that are synthesized are used in the body’s muscles as well as other functions.
Some amino acids like citrulline are capable of boosting the levels of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide then leads to vasodilation which then increases the amount of oxygen that reaches the muscles.
At the same time, other amino acids like tyrosine are useful in increasing your mental focus.
Another incredibly important factor to consider when buying your pre-workout supplement is the taste of the product.
If you are someone that works out daily, you are probably going to be taking a pre-workout supplement every day. This means that you are going to need to enjoy the taste of your supplement.
The flavor of your supplement plays an important part in your decision of which supplement to buy.
A pre-workout that comes in a delicious flavor or offers a wide variety of flavors prevents you from being bored by the same taste or from forcing yourself from consuming a supplement like medicine.
People who box spend a lot of time working out, improving their muscles, form, and technique. Working out along with managing your daily life can be hard, even if you are a professional athlete.
Sometimes you just need a little extra help. This is when someone will look to use pre-workout supplements for kickboxing matches or to help with training before an event.
You may be wondering if pre-workout is good for boxing?
You can rest assured that a good supplement will give you nothing but benefits. Of course, with so many brands marketing their supplements as the best, it can be hard to choose the best option for you.
To help you in choosing the right pre-workout supplement for your needs, we have created this helpful list of the best pre-workout supplements for boxing.
Among these choices, the best option is the Crazy Nutrition Pre-Train. It contains vitamins, minerals, and powerful amino acids and comes in numerous flavors.