Human Growth Hormone:
Many believe this to be the holy grail of all peptides, fat loss, and longevity. But with so much talk about the effects, it’s funny that not many will speak about how growth hormone will have side effects on the body.
Growth hormone is a powerful hormone that can cause physiological changes. Produced by the pituitary gland, it is essential for human development and health.
Some will take exogenous Human Growth Hormone (HGH) to elicit hypertrophy and fat loss.
It must have side effects though, right? Doesn’t everything? When looking at celebrities like Dwayne Johnson, his head has grown since his days in wrestling – is he on Growth Hormone?
Let’s take a deep dive into all the effects of growth hormones.
Can HGH Make Your Head Bigger?
Growth Hormone is produced by the purity gland, which will have various impacts on the body and bodily functions.
Growth Hormone does have the ability to cause bone growth. It has been studied and shown that through the stimulation of IGF-1 (insulin growth like factor 1), Growth Hormone can cause osteoblast proliferation and activity.
This will, in turn, cause bone growth.
By causing an increase in IGF-1 levels, Growth Hormone can change the shape and size of your head and all the bones and organs of your body.
This is one of the main side effects of using high dosages of Growth Hormone.
Do Steroids Make Your Head Bigger?
Steroids differ slightly from human growth hormones because steroids are synthetic versions of the sexual hormone Testosterone or derivatives of Testosterone.
Since we know that one of the causes of skeleton growth is higher levels of IGF-1, and steroid use can increase levels of IGF-1, then yes. Steroid use can increase the size of your head.
What Happens When You Take HGH?
Human Growth Hormone has become a staple in the stack of most athletes as it can significantly improve their recovery rates and increase their longevity as athletes.
The effects of taking growth hormone are:
- Increased fat loss, especially around the abdomen
- Increased muscular hypertrophy and hyperplasia
- Improved recovery rates after training
- Improved performance in the gym
Most people will either use Growth Hormone for fat loss or longevity. It is not often that people use HGH to build muscle simply because steroids are better at building muscle than growth hormones. Of course, Growth Hormone is still given to people who need it for medical reasons.
How Does HGH Cause Fat Loss?
In obese individuals, the administration of HGH will cause fat loss and muscular hypertrophy, the latter further enhancing fat loss via increased metabolism.
The process in which Growth Hormone will cause fat loss is not easy to understand and will require that you read carefully, so pay attention:
- Growth Hormone is produced by the pituitary gland or is injected into the body.
- The pancreas will then release both glucagon and lipase in response to this.
- When the Liver senses higher glucagon levels in the blood, it will release high levels of sugar (glycogen) into the blood.
- So now, you have a situation where both free fatty acids (Lipase causes the release of free fatty acids) and sugar are present in the blood. This means the body will be able to use these as effective agents for energy.
Now that we understand the chain of events of how Growth Hormone causes fat loss, let’s look at the primary ways in which fat loss will help sustain fat loss:
- As we have discussed, Growth Hormone causes a release of lipase into the blood. This will release free fatty acids into the blood from adipocytes, which means the body will be able to use these free fatty acids as energy.
- Growth Hormone will inhibit lipoprotein lipase (LPL). When LPL is inhibited, there will be less build-up fat in the adipocytes.
Does HGH Make You Huge?
Take a look at any pro bodybuilder’s fridge, and you’re bound to find vials of Growth Hormone or at least find growth hormone secretagogues somewhere in their home. You might think that since all bodybuilders use growth hormone, it is required to be huge.
Many bodybuilders have said that growth hormone does not make you huge.
Most bodybuilders quickly attest to growth hormone’s longevity and fat loss abilities, but all say it possesses little ability to help you accrue lean tissue.
What Happens When You Stop Taking Growth Hormone?
Stopping the administration of steroids will require that you use a post-cycle treatment to enable your natural testosterone to restart production.
Taking a Growth Hormone will lower your natural growth hormone production, meaning that when you stop taking exogenous growth hormone, there will be a bit of time where you have low growth hormone.
While a PCT for the pituitary gland does not technically exist, many have theorized taking substances that increase your natural production of Growth Hormone (Growth hormone-releasing peptides (GHRPs), Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), and MK-677) could shorten the restarting period.
These will stimulate the pituitary gland to release and pulse more natural growth hormone.
What is Moon Face from Steroids?
The infamous Moon Face! What a name and an even worse feeling. While the causation of the moon’s face is a bit hard to understand, the solution is a rather simple one.
Two things primarily cause moon face:
- Higher Levels of Estrogen: When you take steroids, some of them will convert into Estrogen via the Aromatase enzyme located in fat cells. Higher estrogen means more fat gain and more water retention.
- More food: Most people will only complain about moon face when trying to gain weight. This means not only more food but also a lot of salt. This can also cause water retention in the body.
How Long Do You Need to Take HGH to See Results?
You might not like the answer. Growth Hormone is a peptide that is usually administered in “units” ranging (for bodybuilders) from 2 to 10 units per day – for the most experienced.
Bodybuilders have claimed that you need to use it for months to see results from HGH. This is not clearly understood, but when considering bodybuilders would know more about this than anyone else, they’re probably right.
Does HGH Increase Jaw Size?
Natural growth hormone is important for the development of contractile tissue and the development of other parts of the body.
Yes, HGH can increase the size of your jaw. We know that growth hormone will significantly increase levels of IGF-1 in the body, and since IGF-1 can elicit bone growth, we can assume that HGH can change the size of your jaw.
What are the Negative Side Effects of HGH?
Taking growth hormone has become a norm for bodybuilders and other physique athletes.
But it has become prevalent among recreational users. It is important to remember that even though it is “safer” than steroids, that growth hormone can still have side effects such as:
- Insulin Resistance: Since the pancreas will release insulin after growth hormone is injected, taking too much HGH for too long can lead to insulin resistance.
- Water retention: Growth Hormone users have found that some of them will experience water retention, which is most likely due to sodium retention.
- Edema: Edema refers to pain and aches around the joints due to water retention.
- Carper Tunnel Syndrome: Many HGH users have experienced carpet tunnel syndrome due to water retention.
Some users might experience individual side effects from Growth Hormone, but these are the ones most often reported.
While these may seem like lower side effects associated with steroids, Growth Hormone should still be respected as it can have cumulative side effects over time.
This is one of the reasons why we recommend HGH-X2.
Alternative to HGH – What is HGH-X2?
As you may or may not know, HGH is an illegal substance and will also have many side effects. Plus, it is banned by several sports organizations worldwide.
What if you aren’t particularly interested in breaking the law, and what if you aren’t too keen on potentially driving yourself to be insulin resistant?
You could use the Legal Alternative to HGH, HGH-X2 from Crazy Bulk.
Not only are their products dosed to the brim to give you similar results to the real thing, but their products are all also perfectly legal. This means you can have all the benefits of a Growth Hormone without breaking the law.
By utilizing a powerful blend of these amino acids, HGH-X2 enhances your body’s HGH production, leading to quality, lean muscle gains, rapid fat burning, and a rapid recovery between workouts.
With HGH-X2, you’ll get an explosive increase in muscle mass and a faster recovery time by activating the growth hormone.
So, does HGH make your head bigger?
The answer is yes and no. There are a number of factors that contribute to the size of someone’s head, including genetics and hormone levels. While HGH can influence skull growth, it’s not the only factor at play.
As with most things in life, moderation is key.
Too much or too little HGH can have negative consequences on your health, so be sure to speak with a doctor if you have any concerns about how HGH might be affecting your head size.