You don’t have to exhaust yourself with the research anymore because, in this article, I’ve covered all that you need to know about Slimfast for men.
SlimFast offers ready-made products with calculated calories so that you can reap the benefits of losing weight and enjoy your weight loss journey as well.
It also offers alternative products if you have shifted to the keto diet or are looking for weight loss products suitable for diabetes.
The best part is that science has proved that all SlimFast products are safe and effective for weight loss.
I’ve put together this article to bring you the cost, pros, and cons of every SlimFast product in its weight loss program.
Keep reading to know the details.
What is Slimfast?
SlimFast has been around since 1977. It initially started as a weight loss product line of Thompson Medical Company, headed by S. Daniel Abraham.
Abraham later made the brand a separate private business. And after that, it was acquired by different companies like Uniliver Kainos Capital.
As of today, Glanbia Plc heads SlimFast.
SlimFast is established with the motive to provide fast and effective weight loss. It offers a wide range of weight loss products like meal replacement shakes, smoothies, snacks, and energy drinks.
SlimFast weight loss products accommodate people with various preferences with low carb, keto compatible, and diabetic friendly products.
Proof of efficacy from research papers is one of the many reasons to choose SlimFast.
As they have concluded that SlimFast products are better than Atkins, and their nutritional content is comparable to WeightWatchers, but they are available at an affordable range.
SlimFast has won 76% of the positive votes from the world, according to Amazon reviews. The wide product range, flavor options, and easy-to-follow diet plans have satisfied the consumers.
On the other hand, the unsatisfied consumers wrote that the product offers only short-term weight loss and is difficult to maintain.
Another con is that SlimFast diet plans are not tailored to individual needs and promote weight loss with a generalized calorie deficit approach.
To have a more detailed insight into Slimfast’s product’s efficacy and suitability for men, move on to my next section.
Does Slimfast work for men?
Yes, SlimFast offers a clinically proven diet plan that promotes healthy weight loss in men aged 18 years and above.
I know that calculating calories and making meals are the two most challenging parts of the weight loss journey, and it becomes challenging, especially with those long hours at the office.
But don’t worry, SlimFast is here to the rescue and allows you to shed 1 to 2 pounds of that extra weight every week.
The nutritional content of the SlimFast diet plan corresponds with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, with the saturated fat content less than 10% in the low carb products and the macro and micronutrient content falling in the recommended daily intake range.
With all that science and calculation involved, SlimFit is not only promising weight loss but producing results as well.
Slimfast Review – How good is it?
The SlimFast diet works by restricting calorie intake.
The 3. 2. 1 program allows men to consume 200 calories more than their female counterparts to fulfill their body needs; this adds up to 1600 calories per day.
As the average consumption of men is 2500 calories, this plan will put you on a calories deficit and thus promote healthy weight loss.
Here are the SlimFast products that might help make weight loss easy and fast for you.
1. SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Shakes
These healthy and delicious meal replacement shakes come in 4 different flavors. These are Creamy Chocolate, Vanilla Cream, Strawberries & Cream, and Bananas & Cream.
SlimFit shakes provide you with a high protein and low carbohydrate nutrition that helps you build lean mass during your weight loss journey.
Scientific research has proven the effectiveness of SlimFast meal replacement shakes in obesity with this 2008 Randomized Controlled. And this 2016 comparative review reports its ability to systolic blood pressure.
Cost: $9.99 for a 4-count box
- Controls blood pressure.
- Nutritionally acceptable with optimum micro and macronutrients.
- The shakes are sustainable and curb the hunger for up to 4 hours.
- Have 24 vital vitamins and minerals.
- it contains artificial ingredients like emulsifiers, stabilizers, and preservatives.
- Caramel color in the ingredients is suspected of containing the carcinogen 4-methylimidazole when produced with ammonia.
- Have 1g of total sugars from both natural and artificial sources.
- Maltodextrin and Acesulfame potassium may upset the stomach.
- Carrageenan has safety concerns as it can cause causing digestive problems and toxicity.
2. SlimFast Advanced Nutrition smoothie mix
You can consume SlimFast Advanced Nutrition smoothie mix as a meal replacement in the 3. 2. 1 weight loss plan. It is available in two basic flavors loved by everyone: creamy chocolate and vanilla cream.
You just need to pour in some milk in the smoothie powder, blend it and gulp it down to get its nutritional benefits.
This Randomized control trial has proved the effectiveness of the SlimFit weight loss plan to reduce the plasma LDL cholesterol levels and promote cardiovascular health.
This effect can be attributed to the sunflower oil in the ingredients of the smoothie mix.
Cost: $14.99 for an 11.4 oz canister
- Buttermilk is rich in nutrients and helps to energize and increase satiety.
- A Complete nutrition product that contains 24 vitamins and minerals.
- It uses sunflower oil in the sunflower creamer.
- Have allergens like milk and soy.
- It has soy protein that is not suitable for people with soy allergies.
- Whey protein isolates are not suitable for lactose intolerant individuals.
- Sucralose can cause an adverse reaction in some people.
3. SlimFast Original Meal Replacement Shakes Ready-t0-drink
SlimFast original shakes are ready-made classic meal alternatives that come in five different flavors: creamy Milk Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, Rich Chocolate Royale, Cappuccino Delight, and French Vanilla.
Cost: $9.99 for a 8-count box
- It is ready to consume
- It is gluten-free.
- It has 4g fiber in it.
- It is a perfect blend of 24 different vitamins and minerals.
- Have a total sugar content between 18g to 19g, out of which 5g are added sugars.
- The artificial sugar maltodextrin may cause an allergic reaction.
- Acesulfame potassium has adverse effects on laboratory animals.
- It has natural and artificial flavors.
- It has both nutritive and non-nutritive sweeteners.
- It contains both milk and soy.
4. SlimFast Original Meal Replacement shake mixes
SlimFast original shake mixes offer the same flavor choices as their shake counterparts.
You can prepare them at the comfort of your home with the low-fat milk of your choice and enjoy. The nutrient profiles of the ready-made shake and shakes mixes are more or less the same.
Cost: $9.99 for 12.83 canister
- It has all 24 essential vitamins and minerals.
- It is gluten-free.
- It has 4g of fiber content.
- It has artificial ingredients like xanthan gum and natural and artificial flavors.
- The Maltodextrins in the ingredients increase the glycemic index of the body.
- It has 1 g of saturated fats and 5mg of cholesterol.
- It has allergens like milk and soy.
- It has a high sugar content with 11g of total sugars and 10g of added sugars.
5. SlimFast Keto shake mix
If you have taken on the ketogenic diet for weight loss, SlimFast has got you covered. It offers you the high fat, low carb keto compatible meal replacement shake mix in 3 delectable flavors.
These are the Keto Fudge Brownie Batter, Vanilla Cake Batter, and the Creamy Coffee Cappuccino flavor.
The ingredients like MCT oil in keto products are a rich source of triglycerides that induce weight loss and promote heart health.
On the other hand, the collagen protein is extremely beneficial for promoting lean muscle mass while simultaneously supporting weight loss.
Cost: 18.99 for 13.4oz canister
- 15 g of fats from MCT oil from coconut, palm, coconut, and grass-fed butter.
- It has collagen protein.
- It is free from gluten, artificial flavors, sweeteners, and colors.
- It has grass-fed collagen peptides.
- It has artificial ingredients like preservatives, stabilizers, and emulsifiers.
- The added dextrose may spike up your sugar level and cause fluid buildup.
- It is formulated with allergens like soy, milk, and whey protein.
- Silica, EFSA has not given silica a safety all-clear because of the presence of nanoparticles.
- It has a sugar content of more than 1 g with 3g contributed by erythritol only.
6. SlimFast Ready-t0-drink Keto shakes
SlimFast keto shakes are ready-made keto meal replacement shakes that you can gulp on the go.
The three flavors available in this category are: Creamy Milk Chocolate, Creamy Mocha Latte, and Vanilla Cream.
Cost: $12.99 for a 4-count box
- it has 14g of fats from pure MCT oil derived from coconut.
- The shakes are ready to drink keto shakes.
- It has a blend of 24 vitamins and minerals.
- It is gluten, artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners.
- It has allergens like whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and soy.
- It has artificial ingredients like xanthan gum and artificial flavors.
- It has more than 1g of total sugars from non-nutritive sweeteners.
- The sucralose and Maltodextrin sugars have side effects in some people.
- It contains milk and soy that can cause allergies.
- It has cocoa processed with alkali, which cuts down its benefits.
7. SlimFast Keto fat bomb snacks and bars
SlimFast offers more than a wide variety of travel-friendly fat bomb snacks and bars that you can churn on in between your meals for increasing your satiety level while following the SlimFit 3.2.1 weight loss plan.
Cost: $12.99 for a pack of 14 snacks or bars.
- SlimFit offers 20 different scrumptious keto snacks and bar options that you can choose from.
- It contains a healthy MCT oil blend from palm, coconut, and palm kernel.
- It has Less than 100 calories (90 cal).
- It contains inulin which is a plant-based fiber that improves gut health.
- The snacks are cost-effective.
- It is rich in macronutrients like carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Nut-based snacks are stuffed with allergens like peanuts, milk, soy, eggs, and wheat.
- It Contains whey protein.
8. SlimFast Advanced Energy shakes
Limiting calories might lower your spark, but SlimFast advanced energy shakes can give you an energy boost and surely bring it back, or you can consume it as a healthy caffeine replacement as well.
You can relish the energy drinks in these three flavors, Mocha cappuccino, rich chocolate, and caramel latte.
Cost: $9.99 for a 4-count box
- They are ready to drink energy shakes.
- Have caffeine equal to 1 cup of coffee.
- It helps to curb hunger with its macro and micronutrient-rich profile.
- It is gluten and 99.8% lactose-free.
- It has 24 vitamins and minerals.
- Has canola oil which is a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cocoa processed with alkali reduces the flavanol content.
- It has artificial ingredients like emulsifiers and anticaking agents.
- It has sucralose and Maltodextrin, which cause gastrointestinal issues.
- It contains milk and soy allergens.
Everything Else You Need To Know About Slimfast
How much weight can you lose in a week with SlimFast?
You can lose from 1 to 2 pounds a week with the SlimFast calorie deficit diet.
How many calories is SlimFast designed to deliver for men?
SlimFast delivers 1600 calories per day for men. This is 200 calories more than women.
How much can you lose on SlimFast in 2 weeks?
You can lose about 2 to 4 pounds in two weeks.
Can I drink coffee on SlimFast?
Yes, you can incorporate coffee in your Slimfast program as long as it has unsweetened sugar and is not made with high-fat or semi-skimmed milk.
How long should I do SlimFast for?
SlimFast can help you lose about 20 pounds, and this can be achieved in about 8 to 10 weeks.
Does SlimFast work without exercise?
Yes, because SlimFast weight loss works mainly based on portion control and calorie restriction but exercising for 30 minutes will help speed up the process of weight loss.
Is SlimFast full of sugar?
Yes, many of the SlimFast products are filled with sugar. Some have a sugar content greater than 5g and maybe up to 19 g, such as in SlimFast Original Shakes.
Does SlimFast have any side effects?
No serious side effects have not been reported with SlimFast products as of yet. But the high sugar content may cause abdominal symptoms like diarrhea, gas, and bloating.
What is the SlimFast 321 plan?
The SlimFast 321 plan incorporates three snacks, two shakes or bars, and one healthy 600 (for women) or 800 (for men) calorie meal at the end of the day.
This restricts the calories intake to 1200 or 1600 for men and women, respectively, thus promoting weight loss by introducing a calorie deficit. It also recommends a 30-minute exercise to trigger fat burn and help lose weight ‘Fast.’
Does Slim Fast Constipate you?
Yes, SlimFast puts you on a calorie deficit which can be insufficient for some; this can result in constipation with fewer bowel movements and hard stools.
What milk do you use for SlimFast?
It is recommended that you use low-fat, unskimmed milk with SlimFast. The best options are unsweetened nut milk like almond or coconut milk. You can also add Soy milk.
To wrap it up, the SlimFast weight loss plan is cost-effective, easy to follow, has a scientifically proven weight loss program.
It also encourages exercise and does not put excessive restrictions on the food you like as long as it is calorie-controlled and healthy.
The best part is that you don’t have to get stuck with a monthly plan and a one-time purchase of the products is available.
For those who want to follow a ketogenic diet, SlimFast also gives you the power to choose with its keto weight loss products.
You should consult a doctor if you are on medications or have underlying health conditions before you tuck in SlimFast products because they have a high sugar content and contain allergens.