In this article, I’ll be discussing if you can achieve your weight loss goals with Arbonne or not.
A quick answer to your question:
No, they are not as good as the claim.
Arbonne did think up some products to include in its weight management kit.
But, the clinical trials aren’t solid enough to support their purpose.
However, the ‘30-days to Healthy Living Program’ has garnered a bunch of reviews that brace its weight-loss potential. But then again, the 30-day challenge is designed to promote a healthy lifestyle rather than weight loss.
To find out whether Arbonne products can help you in your weight loss journey, I have analyzed the ingredients of individual Arbonne products that are scientifically proven to promote weight loss and curb obesity.
So, dig into this read to find an explanation of how and what Arbonne Products can contribute to your weight loss journey.
Is Arbonne good for weight loss?
No. Even Though Arbonne products are based on ingredients such as green tea extracts, ginger, chromium, caffeine, guarana, milk thistle, and peppermint, scientifically proven to cause weight loss.
There are no clinical trials that back up if the weight loss is healthy.
The ‘Weight Management Kit’ is specifically designed to include weight-loss products. But its effectiveness is not supported by science.
The 30 Days to Healthy Living program and 7-day cleanse system has garnered the most weight-loss reviews.
However, it is curated to promote healthy eating and overall well-being in Individuals.
By digging deep into the scientific reasons, I have concluded that it may be due to the calorie deficit diet (shake days) and intermittent fasting (cleanse days) incorporated into the 30-day plan.
You might be convinced by now that Arbonne does promote weight loss, even if I didn’t say it.
But if you look at it from a nutritionist point of view, even if there is inevitable weight loss that comes with the program, it isn’t necessarily going to be healthy.
NHS recommends a cut down of 500 to 600 calories per day for a healthy weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week.
Whereas, the 30-day- detox puts you on a 160 calorie shake for two meals of the day.
And for the third meal, how much can you even munch on to make it reach a minimum of 1200 calories (the number of calories required to stay healthy)?
So considering the drastic difference between recommended restricted calorie intake and those offered in the 30-day program.
It apparently seems like Arbonne is making you starve to crop up the illusion of ‘weight loss’ linked to its products. Not healthy at all!
People have reported side effects like fatigue, constipation, bloating, flatulence, and stomach cramps, likely due to the famished body.
So, it is always best to discuss with a nutritionist or a doctor if you are going to opt for either a lifestyle change or pick up a diet plan aimed to reduce that extra weight.
What is the “30 Days to Healthy Living Program” by Arbonne?
The Arbonne 30-day program dictates an ‘eat-routine’ that basically eyeballs what you eat.
You also have to follow through with an ‘exercise plan’ simultaneously for these 30 days.
You can also customize the plan to include ‘7 cleanse days.
The products you feed on during these 30 days are individually curated to include some scientifically proven weight loss ingredients. No wonder the 30- day plan is contributing to weight loss.
The ‘Arbonne Healthy Habit set’ is also a diet by Arbonne designed to follow beyond the 30 days program for an everyday cleanse.
It includes only the four core products from the 30-day plan.
Arbonne weight-loss reviews
- Erin, in her review, has reported having lost 7 pounds and 3 inches by taking the Arbonne 30 day detox. She also claims that it helped other friends in her group unload some 15 to 20 pounds.
- In another review, Dawn Perez claims that she lost 6 pounds by opting for the 30-day detox plan.
What and How do Arbonne products cause Weight loss?
In this section, I have added my research on ingredients of different products that are included in the Arbonne 30-days, healthy habit kit, 7-day cleanse the system, and Arbonne Essentials Body Cleanse that may be contributing to weight loss:
1. FeelFit Protein Shake
- Arbonne offers plant protein-based shakes in 3 different flavors. These are designed as a meal replacement product and provide 160 calories and 40g protein per serving.
- These low glycemic shakes incorporate essential nutrients like vitamins (A, B complex, C, etc.) and minerals (iron, zinc, calcium, etc.).
- You can consume them as a ready-made drink to measure up your per-day calorie intake, without the fear of allergens (soy, gluten, dairy, lactose) and artificial colors or flavors.
- Thus, these shakes contribute somewhat to weight loss while helping to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
2. Energy Fizz Sticks
- The 30-days program requires you to cut down on caffeine, but stress not. Arbonne already came up with a healthy alternative. The ‘guarana’ and tea leaf extract in the Arbonne Fizz stick is a natural caffeine replacement that provides 55 mg of it. It thus increases the metabolism and burns fat while simultaneously serving the weight loss purpose.
- The ingredient that caught my eye is ‘green tea’. It is scientifically proven to aid weight loss by increasing metabolism. Riboflavin and niacin also contribute to their role in this domain.
- ‘Chromium’ is another weight-loss contributor as it is known to control the blood sugar level. Sugar is the leading cause of obesity in the US.
- The ‘ginseng root’ is scientifically backed up to have a role in increasing endurance. It enables you to sweat a little longer at the gym. And help shed off some extra fat.
3. GutHealth Digestion & Microbiome Support/Digestion Plus
Recent developments in science are focusing on treating the gut to treat the body. This 2020 clinical trial has also proved the role of gut microbiome composition in reducing adiposity.
- The Arbonne GutHealth Digestion & Microbiome Support (formerly known as digestion plus) is a complete blend of necessary pro-biotics (chicory root) and pre-biotics (Bacillus coagulans) that stabilize the gut microflora.
- And enzymes that support the digestion of macronutrients. These ingredients promote a healthy gut, which may also contribute to weight loss.
- It also contains ginger extracts. A 2016 clinical trial concluded that ginger is beneficial for improving the “BMI and metabolic features” of obesity.
4. CleanTox Herbal Detox Tea
- The Arbonne herbal tea is to be consumed during the 7-day cleanse. It is based on herbs such as milk thistle that reduced the fat mass in obese mice in an animal trial.
- Peppermint plays its role in weight loss by increasing metabolic rate and reducing hunger pangs.
5. GutHealth Prebiotic Fiber
- I believe everyone might know that fiber contributes to weight loss. This clinical trial concludes the same. Arbonne’s fiber is comprised of 12g of fiber. That fulfills approximately half of our daily fiber needs.
- It also regulates blood sugar, the leading cause of obesity in the US.
6. Arbonne Essentials Body Cleanse
- Although Arbonne body cleanse aims to remove toxins and improve kidney and liver health. It is constituted of nearly every ingredient that contributes to increased satiety, fat burn, and ultimately weight loss.
- The weight loss property of aloe vera is attributed to its ability to boost the metabolism rate, promote a healthier gut, control the blood sugar level, and counter water retention.
- Other ingredients that cause weight loss are choline, magnesium, dietary fiber, and ginger extracts.
How to use Arbonne for weight loss
If you want to incorporate Arbonne products in your weight loss journey, the ‘Arbonne Feelfit weight management support set’ might attend to your needs.
Arbonne weight Management support set:
Arbonne has come up with ‘evolution’ products to cater to your weight-loss expectations. It incorporates two products:
- Arbonne Appetite control (formerly known as full control)
- Arbonne Metabolism Support (formerly known as thermo-booster)
Before I get into explaining how these evolution products might help you with your weight loss goals, below is a clinical study conducted on it that you would want to give read beforehand in order to make an informed decision.
Arbonne Evolution Clinical Trial
Arbonne conducted a home-based 16-week clinical trial on 77 participants to test the efficacy of its weight-loss program.
The trial was performed with three products, the Feelfit Protein shakes, Arbonne Appetite control, and Arbonne metabolism support. Along with a calorie-restricted diet and exercise.
The study doesn’t specify the weight and waist changes but concludes that the routine decreases the serum lipid levels.
One participant reported experiencing side effects such as light-headedness, dizziness, nausea, and flu-like symptoms
1. Arbonne Appetite control
This Arbonne product is designed with three core ingredients, glucomannan, dietary fiber, and magnesium. To counter your cravings and provide an energy boost for workouts.
It also controls the glucose and lipid levels that have a role in weight management.
- Glucomannan root
Arbonne claims that the ‘Glucomannan Konjac root’, which is the main ingredient of Arbonne Appetite Control, increases the feeling of satiety and control blood sugar and cholesterol.
This helps to endure the restricted calories during weight loss better.
But, when I dug up some clinical trials of the ingredient, they exhibited opposite results.
The 2013 and 2019 trials concluded that glucomannan has no significant effect on weight loss, satiety, obesity, or blood glucose or lipid levels.
Magnesium, the other core ingredient of Arbonne Appetite control, aids weight loss by promoting the energy-yielding mechanisms that will help you bear the gym for a longer time. It also reduces the waist and weight if incorporated in your weight-loss program.
- Dietary fiber
The dietary fiber in the ingredients is also proven to help reduce and prevent belly fat.
Dietary fiber can also improve insulin sensitivity which helps control the glucose level that ultimately impacts weight gain.
2. Arbonne Metabolism Support
The Arbonne Metabolism Support is mainly based on green coffee bean extract, green tea, and quercetin. These supplements increase the thermogenesis and metabolism that melts away the excess fat.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract
The weight-loss potential of GFBE is backed up by a recent clinical trial and a 2016 animal study.
Constituents like chlorogenic acids and tannins reinforce GFBE potential in improving obesity and BMI. They reduce glucose release and absorption, thus reducing weight gain.
Quercetin has been tested in a clinical trial performed on PCOS-related obese women and animal models.
The trials concluded that quercetin inhibits some signaling pathways involved in lipid accumulation. But further research might be needed to reinforce these findings.
- Other ingredients such as chromium, green tea, caffeine, and ginger are also included in this product. The weight-loss mechanism of which I have elaborated in the previous section.
Side Effects of Arbonne Weight loss Products
The thing with herbal supplements and products is that they are not included in the diapason of products regulated by the FDA. And thus, the mentioning of ingredients and labels is totally a voluntary choice of the company. Or they may sign up with third parties to regulate their practices.
There is no mechanism intact to cross-check claims or ensure they are scientifically backed up.
Jump ahead to look at the list of reported side effects against Arbonne products that may cause weight loss.
Arbonne Detox Tea
An Indiana Women lodged a lawsuit against Arbonne in 2013 for developing Acute Liver failure, which was linked to Arbonne detox tea.
She reported having symptoms of jaundice 6-weeks into the program, which later aggravated liver damage.
This paper explains why. Green tea extracts contain 10% of catechin that can cause hepatotoxicity.
Arbonne Fizz Sticks
Although the body tolerates 55mg of caffeine and 2g of sugar very well.
But if you have any underlying heart issues or face any adverse effects, you should immediately discontinue the consumption of the Arbonne Fizz sticks.
Some side effects that are linked to excessive energy drinks consumption are:
- Increased heart rate
- Digestive symptoms
- Long-term effects include Heart, Blood Pressure, and Central Nervous system issues.
Arbonne Appetite Control
Although Arbonne Appetite Control has no proven efficacy in weight loss, it is generally accepted as safe for consumption. However,
- It can cause dehydration if abundant liquids are not consumed simultaneously.
- It can interfere with the absorption of medications, so you should consult a doctor.
- The product’s core ingredient, ‘glucomannan’, constitutes 1 g per serving and can be safely consumed three times a day. There are only mild to moderate gastrointestinal side effects due to excessive consumption. These are; burping, bloating, and diarrhea.
Arbonne Metabolism Support
I couldn’t find any reported side effects against the product.
So, I researched the main ingredients, the green tea and green coffee bean extracts present in the product.
Following are some common effects that can occur due to their excessive consumption:
- stomach upset
Specific side-effects related to these two ingredients are:
- green tea: liver damage, iron deficiency, anemia, bleeding disorders.
- Green coffee bean extracts: ringing in ears, cardiac arrhythmia, restlessness.
Everything else to know about Arbonne for weight loss
How can I lose weight fast with Arbonne?
To aid your weight loss, you can incorporate Arbonne products like appetite control, metabolism support, fizz sticks, protein shakes, or detox tea.
But seek medical advice before you opt for them.
How much weight can I lose with Arbonne?
Although Arbonne’s plans are not chalked out to make you achieve your weight loss goals.
But according to customer reviews, you can lose between 15 to 20 pounds by following the 30-days feel fit program. Products in the weight management kit can contribute to weight loss as well.
How do you use Arbonne 30 Day Detox?
There are five main steps to a 30-day detox system:
- Eat clean
- Eat healthily
- Be-mindful and de-stress
You also have the choice of incorporating 7 cleanse days in this program.
What does the Arbonne detox tea do?
The Arbonne herbal detox tea is a part of the 7-day cleanse. It is a blend of herbs that improve liver and kidney function and filter out toxins from your system.
Arbonne claims that its detox tea improves hydration and overall well-being.
When do you drink Arbonne fizz?
The Arbonne Fizz sticks are consumed as a caffeine replacement source to improve alertness, increase endurance, and provide an instant energy boost to continue strenuous exercises.
Does Arbonne have artificial sweeteners?
No, Arbonne is free from any artificial ingredients and high fructose sugar. It uses stevia, a naturally-derived sweetener or cane sugar in the products.
Wrap Up on Arbonne for Weight Loss
To sum it up, Yes, Arbonne Products are reported to cause weight loss, but they are more helpful in achieving a healthy lifestyle, and a ‘clean eat routine.’
The clinical trial performed to test Arbonne weight management products concluded to have exerted only a negligible effect on body composition. That also needs more research because the trial was conducted with other interventions like exercise and restricting calories.
If you ask me, other companies offer specifically designed weight-loss plans with scientifically backed up products to impart the desired outcome.
So, it doesn’t seem wise to spend heaps on 1 or 2 products when you can buy complete clinically tested weight loss kits from other places in an affordable range.
Nevertheless, it is recommended to always consult your doctor before taking up weight-loss regimes or diet changes.
This will help you make an informed decision according to your underlying health conditions and determine if it will indeed be suitable in your circumstances.
I hope this article clears all your ambiguities regarding the efficacy and safety of Arbonne’s products for weight loss.
Important Disclaimer: The information contained on MAX HEALTH LIVING is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet or taking supplements that may interfere with medications.
Who We Are
We are a team of fitness, health, and supplement experts, and content creators. Over the past 4 years, we have spent over 123,000 hours researching food supplements, meal shakes, weight loss, and healthy living. Our aim is to educate people about their effects, benefits, and how to achieve a maximum healthy lifestyle. Read more.