In this article, I’m going to discuss whether or not Herbalife’s products are good for men, and if they are, which products one should opt for.
So are you wondering if there is any targeted nutrition for men in the Herbalife product line and if it is as good as the claim?
Fret not; I’ve got you covered.
I’ve performed extensive research with a particular focus on products in the specialized nutrition category for men to assess their safety and efficacy.
Mainly it’s the company’s Perlox Blue and Ultimate prostate formula that is designed to support male prostate and reproductive health.
In this article, you’ll find the benefits, pros, and cons of every ingredient that is pulled into their production.
I’ve also added my analysis on the most devoured combination of Herbalife Formula 1 weight loss shakes and Herbalife Formula 2 Vitamin & Mineral Complex for you to know how well they might work for men in achieving their fitness goals.
So rush to indulge in this read to have your questions answered.
Is Herbalife good for men?
Yes, of course, it is.
Herbalife is equally good for men and women, given that you follow a well-balanced diet regimen according to your fitness goals.
Talking particularly about men, I would like to mention that in addition to helping them lose unwanted weight, Herbalife products can help heaps in building up lean muscle and maintaining a good figure.
In that regard, Herbalife’s Formula 1 shake and Formula 2 Vitamin and Mineral complex might make a great option.
But, if you have some other goals in mind, such as supporting your prostate and reproductive health by natural means, you’ll have to go for Herbalife’s Prelox Blue and the ultimate prostate formula.
To break it down in a more elaborate manner to you, I have mentioned all the details of each of these products in my section down below.
Best Herbalife Products for Men – Weight Maintenance
1. Herbalife Formula 2 Vitamin & Mineral Complex
Herbalife Formula 2 supplements incorporate 7 of the 8 essential nutrients required to support muscle, immune function, and bone development.
These are vitamin A, C, D, B12, Magnesium, Potassium, and calcium.
Herbalife formula 2 vitamins and mineral complex incorporates all 8 vitamins of the vitamin B complex that improves the brain and circulatory system.
These include Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin B6, and Pantothenic Acid.
The supplements are specifically targeted to include 24 vital nutrients that can attend to men’s bodybuilding needs and improve the function of overall body systems.
- Vitamin C and E are antioxidants added to the ingredients that improve immune function. Vitamin C also enhances collagen formation.
- Vitamin D and calcium increase bone mass and improve athletic performance.
- Research has elucidated that intake of vitamin A, and magnesium increases testosterone production and physical performance in men.
- Potassium is essential in muscle contraction and maintaining mineral and fluid balance in the body.
- Niacin, Biotin, thiamin, and riboflavin have roles in energy production pathways and maintain nervous system health.
- Vitamin B12, folate, and iron are essential in blood cells production, and their deficiency can lead to anemia.
- Pantothenic acid has reported reactions with 68 different drugs. It can lead to undesirable effects if consumed with medicines like antibiotics, tetracycline, warfarin. It can also trigger allergies.
2. Herbalife’s Formula 1 Shakes
Herbalife Formula 1 shakes are healthy meal replacements for weight loss that both men and women can consume. It is based on vegan ingredients and is free from gluten and artificial colors.
Formula 1 Shakes are a rich blend of 24 different nutrients that fill you up on the essential vitamins like Vitamin B complex, Vitamin D, K, and A and minerals such as zinc, copper, chromium, iodine and help support healthy body systems.
- Chromium in the formula 1 shakes increases insulin function, keeps the blood glucose level in check, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- The Vitamin B complex enhances brain and nerve function and improves energy metabolism.
- The vitamin D content in the formula 1 shakes increases the bone mass and is suspected of association with androgen levels in men.
- The selenium in ingredients acts as an antioxidant and improves thyroid function.
- Minerals like magnesium and potassium regulate blood pressure and cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin A stimulates protein synthesis and increases muscle mass in men.
- Allergens like soy, oats, and shellfish in the ingredient may not be suitable for your consumption if you are allergic to them.
- Herbalife Formula 1 shakes have 1.7 mg of copper. Increased serum copper is linked to cardiovascular disease in men.
- NIH has recommended 11mg of zinc uptake per day for men. Herbalife shakes contain 12mg of zinc per serving. This exposes men to side effects like headache, stomach cramps, reduced immunity, and low HDL (good cholesterol).
3. Herbalife Prelox Blue
Ingredients in Herbalife Prelox Blue like L-arginine, Pycnogenol, and Aspartic acid may help improve erectile dysfunction, sperm count, and quality that increases male fertility.
Relieving symptoms of erectile dysfunction also relieves Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) that may consecutively lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).
- L-Arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, a neurotransmitter that mediates penile erection. It is also an essential amino acid for spermatogenesis and increases sebum quality.
- A Japanese clinical trial performed to assess the synergistic role of Pycnogenol and L-arginine rendered positive results. Pycnogenol activates Nitric Oxide synthase (enzyme) while L-arginine acts as a substrate to increase testosterone production and cure erectile dysfunction.
- L- Taurine sustains male fertility by maintaining sperm cell viability during osmotic stresses.
- D Aspartic Acid is a component of the pituitary gland. It is suspected to stimulate testosterone production and the quantity and quality of sperm motility to boost fertility and treat Erectile Dysfunction.
- Although recognized as safe by FDA but 1,2-glyceryl diesters in ‘triacetin’ are suspected of causing hyperplasia and tumorigenesis. Triacetin is also metabolized to glycerol and acetic acid, which are mild toxins.
- There is no reported benefit or established safety of silicon dioxide. FDA recommends that it shouldn’t exceed 2% of the product’s total weight.
- FD&C Blue No. 1 is a synthetic blue dye that is poorly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, and CSPI claims it causes allergies and should be banned.
- FD&C Blue No. 2is a synthetic indigo blue dye reported to cause brain cancer in rats, and The CSPI asserts that the FDA declares it unsafe for human consumption.
4. Herbalife Ultimate Prostate Formula
‘Prostate’ is a golf ball-sized organ that lies just below the bladder and embosoms the urethra.
There is a natural onset of prostate enlargement after age 25, and by the time you’ll be celebrating your golden jubilee, it is highly likely that an enlarged prostate and associated problems will follow you around through the rest of your life.
But according to the Multinational Survey of the Aging Male (MSAM-7), it only gets bothersome enough to be intervened with medical treatment in about 11% of the population.
But a stitch in time saves nine, isn’t it? This is why Herbalife ultimate Prostate Formula has got you covered.
Herbalife Ultimate Prostate Formula incorporates ingredients like Saw palmate extracts, pumpkin seed oil, lycopene, selenium (yeast) that have anti-androgenic, anti-inflammatory, and pro-apoptotic properties.
Thus, these ingredients have favorable outcomes on the most common prostate problems associated with increasing age:
- benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate cancer
The Pumpkin seed oil and black pepper extracts are rich in micronutrients such as zinc and magnesium that increase the serum testosterone levels and sperm count to improve fertility in men.
- According to National Cancer Institute, ‘Lycopene’ is a carotenoid and antioxidant that has a role in preventing prostate cancer. Research supports its role in decreasing incidence and reducing the aggressiveness of prostate cancer.
- It is proven from a 2014 clinical trial that ‘Selenium-enriched yeast’ in the ingredients prevents prostate cancer by reducing oxidative stress by inhibiting proliferation and viability of prostate cancer cells.
- Research has concluded that ‘Saw Palmetto lipid extracts’ alleviates LUTS, BPH, and prostatitis due to the anti-androgenic effects of phytosterols. It also has sexual benefits and boosts libido, increases sperm count, and treats erectile dysfunction.
- ‘Pumpkin seeds’ are the only therapeutic interventions for BFA rich in Delta-7-sterols. that reduce the prostate’s size, mass, and inflammation. Clinical trials have confirmed its benefits for androgenic alopecia and lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).
- ‘Black Pepper Extract’is rich in zinc, fatty acids, and piperine that increase men’s sexual drive, fertility, and testosterone.
- The ‘Vitamin E’ as α-tocopherol acetate in the Herbalife Ultimate Prostate Formula is linked to an increased incidence of prostate cancer due to a reaction with selenium. This is proved by the SELECT study and multiple other studies.
- ‘Soy lecithin’ is used as an additive and is strongly estrogenic. You may want to avoid it due to traces of ethanol that can lead to toxic build-up over time. Soy products blunt testosterone but specific studies for lecithin aren’t performed.
Everything Else you Need to Know about Herbalife for Men – Faqs
Does Herbalife Prelox increase testosterone?
Yes, individuals taking Prelox supplements have reported having increased testosterone levels. The ingredients like Pycnogenol and L-arginine work synergistically to increase testosterone production.
Aspartic acid is suspected to be a component of the pituitary gland and stimulates testosterone production. Other ingredients also work to target Erectile Dysfunction, which consequently increases testosterone.
How long should I take Herbalife Prelox?
You should take 2 tablets of Herbalife Prelox in the morning and afternoon for 14 days initially.
Does Herbalife have arginine?
Yes, Herbalife Nutrition Niteworks L-Arginine Powder is available in lemon flavor for $61.25. It helps promote nitric oxide production and maintain the functions of your heart, brain, and body.
Does Herbalife have side effects?
- Yes, Herbalife products are associated with a bunch of risks to kidney, liver, vascular and digestive systems.
- Multiple case reports of hepatotoxicity have emerged linked to Herbal life products, but the exact ingredients causing the damage are not yet identified.
- Herbal life formula 1 shakes are rich in phosphorus and potassium and are not appropriate for patients with chronic kidney disease.
- The high caffeine in weight loss products and teas has led to reports of panic attacks and a disturbed sleep cycle. They can also trigger an increase in blood pressure in hypertension patients.
- Ingredients like synthetic food dyes, food additives, and common allergens like lactose and soy can trigger allergies and upset the gut, and cause symptoms like bloating, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
Related: Herbalife side effects to beware
Men’s increasing age is bound to manifest some undesirable consequences on the prostate and reproductive health due to hormonal imbalance and testosterone decline.
Erectile dysfunction and an enlarged prostate are two unavoidable hiccups that you should look out for post-haste.
But fret not, Herbalife has introduced a specialized nutrition category for men, including Herbalife Perlox Blue and Herbalife ultimate prostate formula, to keep the decline at bay for longer.
According to WHO, infertility affects 15% of couples worldwide. Erectile dysfunction and abnormal morphology, and motility of sperm are some leading causes of male infertility.
Erectile dysfunction is also reported to be linked to Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) that can cause lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) as an enlarged prostate can exert pressure on the urethra.
All of this can be avoided if you timely incorporate some helpful supplements like Herbalife’s Prelox Blue and ultimate prostate formula after your doctor has approved of it.
In addition to these, the other Herbalife products like Formula 1 shakes and Formula two vitamins and mineral supplements can also help you maintain good overall health!
So, to wrap it up to I would say Herbalife is a big thumbs up for men!
But again, the emphasis is on prior consultation with an expert, especially if you have an underlying medical condition.