Golo Release and PhenQ both minimize food cravings and prevent fat accumulation, but that does NOT make them equal.
Golo relies completely on non-stimulatory thermogenic compounds in herbal extracts, while PhenQ also takes benefit from caffeine stimulation, taking the lead for fat burn.
But stimulatory fat loss also makes you prone to certain side effects. So, I compared the ingredients of both these diet pills to analyze which is safer and works better for weight loss.
Read all these details and user reviews in the article below to find out which is the best diet pill;
PhenQ Vs. Golo – An Overview
PhenQ Pills Are Well-known for Their Weight Loss Efficacy
The PhenQ brand makes weight loss supplements, including fat burners, appetite suppressants, and meal replacement shake.
The PhenQ diet pill is especially popular in the supplements market owing to its efficacy in curbing appetite and boosting fat metabolism.
Besides that, it uplifts energy levels and prevents your body from absorbing fats from food and storing them around your belly, arms, and legs.
To maximize the results, the brand also provides dietary and exercise guidelines but has not defined a set-in-stone type of diet plan.
Golo Release diet pills are part of the Golo Diet Plan
Golo’s diet specifies eating small but nutrient-dense meals to create a calorie deficit and trigger fat loss. The company also manufactures an appetite suppressant (named Golo Release) to complement the diet.
Besides appetite reduction and fat loss, the brand made many other big claims about their diet pills, like improvement in insulin resistivity, treatment of PCOS, and blood pressure regulation.
The Golo diet program includes recipes and instructions for reducing your daily intake to 1200-1300 calories, and Release pills are formulated to help develop and maintain this dieting routine.
Now, let’s analyze the ingredient list of both diet pills to find out how much truth lies in their marketing claims;
PhenQ Vs. Golo- Which One Is More Effective for Weight Loss?
PhenQ is More Effective For Fat Burning
Both these drugs contain multiple fat burner compounds, but PhenQ gets more points for its thermogenic properties.
Here is a summary of how its ingredients help with a fat burn;
- Firstly, caffeine anhydrous boosts the metabolic rate by manipulating the nervous system. It activates the pathways that keep you more alert and signals your body cells to produce more energy. Hence, your body is forced to oxidize the stored fats.
But that’s not the only mechanism PhenQ deals with stored fats. Instead, it has many non-stimulatory compounds and proprietary blends that speed up fat metabolism. For example,
- Capsimax Powder triggers the conversion of stored fats (hard to burn) into readily oxidizable form. It helps you get rid of stubborn fats that don’t go away even with dieting.
- L-carnitine fumarate increases the body’s thermogenesis (heat production), leading to faster and higher fat burn.
- The new formula also has Innoslim, a blend of ginseng and astragalus herbs that triggers AMPK secretion, a potent metabolic regulator controlling oxidation processes in fatty cells.
Conversely, only Berberiene and Rhodiola extracts in Golo directly enhance fat breakdown, while other components upregulate insulin sensitivity or prevent future fat deposition.
Golo Targets Underlying Medical Reasons For Obesity
Herbal extracts in Golo help cure insulin resistance and related medical conditions, diabetes, PCOS, and high blood pressure.
- Berberine extracts are added to improve insulin sensitivity, stabilizing blood glucose levels and sugar cravings.
- Inositol is known to help with PCOS and hormonal imbalance, a common cause of increased weight gain in women.
- Rhodiola root extracts are long used in traditional medicine to increase stamina and reduce anxiety.
- Banaba leaf extracts are used in folk medicine to treat diabetes in Southeast Asia and the Philippines.
Owing to these properties, the company claims Golo Release diet pills will treat diabetes, PCOS, and depression. However, they haven’t provided enough clinical data to prove their claims.
Also, a customer has sued the company as dosage guidelines on the label are confusing. (see details in the section below)
So, it can be dangerous for diabetes or blood pressure patients to self-medicate with a supplement that claims to significantly affect blood sugar and pressure.
That is why if you have any underlying medical issues, I highly recommend talking to your doctor first to ensure the supplement is safe.
PhenQ also Helps With Insulin Resistance
Golo’s efficacy is primarily based on its ability to reduce insulin resistance which, in turn, leads to lowered food cravings and improved metabolism.
But PhenQ has also revised its formulation, adding Innoslim as a key ingredient.
Innoslim works similarly to Golo and reduces insulin resistance, making PhenQ a better supplement as it also has better fat-burning capacity.
Both Diet Pills Help You Avoid Weight Regains
Golo constituents affect lipid synthesis in the body, minimizing the deposition of fats and enlargement of existing fat tissues.
- Berberine increases lipid and sugar oxidation. Lipid oxidation melts down the stored fats, while sugar oxidation prevents the formation of new fat deposits.
- Similarly, Banaba leaves and Rhodiola rosea extracts reduce lipogenesis (fat formation) and adipogenesis (fat storage in the body).
PhenQ also prevents fat accumulation in the body, mainly due to the Nopal cactus extracts.
- Instead of decreasing fat droplet formation at the molecular level, Nopal cactus knocks out fats a step earlier. It prevents the absorption of fats from food, so only a small ratio of fats from your meal becomes part of your blood.
- Besides that, Alpha lipoic acid increases the uptake of glucose by muscles. So, no extra glucose is left to be converted into fatty acids and stored in fat cells.
- Similarly, capsinoids in Capsimax Powder promote early uptake of fats for metabolic needs.
Hence, both pills have multiple mechanisms for preventing fat tissue formation, and you can’t think of one better than the other in this regard.
Golo Vs PhenQ – Which One is Safer?
PhenQ Discloses the Complete Formula, But Golo Is A Proprietary Medicine
Although both pills contain natural ingredients, Golo has kept the Release formulation proprietary. So, you can’t be sure how much Berberine or other herbs are included in the supplement.
In contrast, PhenQ tells the exact concentration of most ingredients. Its only proprietary component is α–Lacy’s Reset (A blend of cysteine and Alpha Lipoic Acid)
Here’s PhenQ’s label, in case you want to check it out:
PhenQ Can Trigger Caffeine Sensitivity, But Golo Does not
As caffeine anhydrous is the main ingredient of PhenQ, users may experience stimulatory side effects like insomnia, dehydration, or headaches if dosage guidelines are not followed.
On the other side, Golo has no stimulants, so the risk of such side effects is at its minimum.
Yet again, on this front as well, PhenQ has come up with a non-stimulant version named PhenQ PM which poses no side effects related to caffeine sensitivity.
Both Pills Are Allergen-free And Based On Natural Extracts
Both PhenQ and Golo are made with natural ingredients.
PhenQ contains Ceyyene pepper, Capsicum, and Nopal cactus extracts, while Golo Release is filled with Berberine, Rhodiola root, Gardenia, Banaba, Salaretin, and Apple extracts.
Hence, with both these diet pills, you get 100% plant-based ingredients.
Another plus is that both are free from contamination of eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, and tree nuts. So, you can take them without the fear of provoking a food allergy.
Golo Causes More Severe Gut Issues Than PhenQ
When you start a new supplement, your stomach often gets upset as the gut lining is not accustomed to the newer ingredients.
Resultantly, increased acidity, rapid gut motility, and gas build-ups occur, leading to nausea, bloating, and diarrhea.
Both these weight loss drugs can cause this kind of initial gut unrest, but as your body gets used to their components, these symptoms fade away.
However, Golo contains more herbal blends than PhenQ, which makes it a stronger gastric irritant. So, the gut issues are likely more severe and last longer when you take Golo instead of PhenQ.
For instance, see Yodaboat’s comment on Reddit, which states that he doesn’t have stomach issues normally, but using Golo, his stomach became upset, and he was always feeling icky.
Golo is Facing a Lawsuit For False Claims
A user, Vincenzza Bubak, has sued Golo LLC For its claims to reduce insulin resistance and treat diabetes. She says that the brand falsely claimed to be a clinically proven treatment in their TV advertisements, but they don’t provide evidence to prove these claims.
Golo’s lawsuit further states;
“The Product is offered for conditions that are not amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment by individuals who are not medical practitioners; therefore, adequate directions for use cannot be written so that a layperson can use these drugs safely for their intended purposes.”
Which One Is Cheaper – PhenQ or Golo?
PhenQ – Where to Buy
PhenQ is sold only on its official website, costing $69.99 for 1 bottle. Each bottle contains 60 pills, enough for 1 month’s use.
Besides the single-pack purchase, you can opt for any of the following 2 bundle packages, which make the supplement less expensive than Golo;
- Buy 2 get 1 free $139.99
- But 3 get 2 free for $209.99
Other benefits include worldwide free shipping on all orders and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Golo – Where to Buy
Golo Release pills are available at the official website of the brand and from Amazon as well.
Each bottle has 90 capsules that last for a month with a larger dose (3 pills daily) and 45 days with a smaller dose (2 pills daily). The price is $59.9 for 1 bottle.
Golo also provides discounts on bulk purchases but does not offer free bottles.
- $99.90 for 2 bottles
- $119.85 for 3 bottles
So, it’s the cheaper pill when you buy 1 pack but the expensive one when you bulk purchase.
Nonetheless, you will get free shipping and 60-day refund options with this product too.
PhenQ Vs. Golo – Customer Reviews
PhenQ has a customer base of 190,000+ individuals globally. Here are some of the inspiring stories showing how PhenQ real users get rid of the extra pounds;
- Dailymail UK features the story of a beauty manager at 34 who started using PhenQ after her ex-boyfriend called her unattractive for being overweight. In 10 months, she lost about half of her weight using PhenQ and is now living a healthier and happier life.
- PhenQ Trustpilot reviews include a success story of a couple. Jeffrey said he and his wife, Cheryl, are no longer hungry all time and have uplifted energy after they started using PhenQ. In just 3 months, he lost 35 lbs, while Cheryl lost 28 lbs.
- April R., a mother of 2, struggled to get rid of the pregnancy weight. But PhenQ helped her go down 20 lbs in 3 months. She said she could see the results coming in just 1 week.
User feedback for Golo includes most of the happy reviews, but some also complained of unwanted effects. Here are a few of these from Reddit, Amazon, and Trustpilot;
- Some people like Sgt Booler find the Golo’s diet and weight loss pills a life-changer. She wrote in her Reddit review that Golo yielded her and her husband (who’s a diabetic) great results. It keeps the cravings away, helping them reframe their eating habits easily.
- A user said in his Amazon review that Golo helped him a lot with food cravings. In a month, he has left all unhealthy snacking and also lost a few pounds. However, he also reported that his stomach gets upset after taking Golo pills, as I discussed above.
- Golo reviews on Trustpilot also represent similar stories. For instance, Elena Brase said she lost 15.5 lbs in 2 months with a Golo diet plan and supplement. But she feels very tired, so she is concerned if the Berberine or any other herbal ingredient of the diet pills is causing this issue.
Also Check out: Does PhenQ Work Without Excercise?
PhenQ Vs. Golo – Similarities/Differences
|Fat burning Efficacy:||
|Appetite Suppression:||PhenQ prevents overeating 3 ways;
|Shipping and Refund:||
|Where to Buy:||
What is comparable to Golo?
PhenQ is a similar diet pill to Golo Release. Both weight loss pills reduce appetite, improve fat metabolism, and prevent fat accumulation.
Do Golo diet pills really work?
Golo diet pills give positive results when taken alongside the Golo diet program.
Is Golo a good weight loss product?
Golo Release is a good weight loss product when paired with a healthy but low-calorie diet plan. That’s also why it is recommended to be taken in combination with the Golo diet program for maximizing weight loss.
Who should not take Golo?
Although no adverse effects are reported, the company recommends expecting and breastfeeding mothers do not take Golo Release.
Besides that, diabetes patients must consult their physician before using this product because it can make their blood sugar level too low, especially when taking diabetes medicines like metformin.
Final Thoughts: PhenQ – Highest quality and best overall!
Both pills are effective for curbing random cravings and increasing fat metabolism. However, PhenQ is a more effective fat burner and energy booster. Some real PhenQ reviews also show that PhenQ gives better weight loss results.
The only downside to PhenQ is its stimulatory side effects, like sleep disturbance, jitters, and headaches.
But you can avoid these easily by complying with dosage guidelines and adjusting your overall caffeine intake. Or, opt for its stimulant-free counterpart – PhenQ PM.
Check out my detailed review of PhenQ PM here.
Important Disclaimer: The information contained on MAX HEALTH LIVING is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet or taking supplements that may interfere with medications.
Who We Are
We are a team of fitness, health, and supplement experts, and content creators. Over the past 4 years, we have spent over 123,000 hours researching food supplements, meal shakes, weight loss, and healthy living. Our aim is to educate people about their effects, benefits, and how to achieve a maximum healthy lifestyle. Read more.