PhenQ and Lipo 6 have comparable weight loss efficacy, but their safety profiles aren’t alike. Moreover, these diet pills come from reputed brands and have great reviews, but that is just not enough information to make a decision.
This is why I’m here to help you make an informed purchase with my detailed review of both fat burners.
Before we dive deep into the details, here are some key highlights:
Comparing the ingredients of these medicines, I found that both have caffeine as their main fat burner. Also, Capsimax blends from PhenQ, and Black pepper extracts, and Grains of Paradise in Lipo-6 work in a similar way.
Then why do these pills differ in efficacy and safety? Let’s find out together.
Continue reading till the end to find out what makes Lipo-6 more effective at fat burn (and relatively unsafe, too!) despite containing ingredients with properties similar to PhenQ;
PhenQ Vs. Lipo 6 – An Overview
PhenQ is a weight loss brand that has been working under the umbrella of Wolfson Brands for 2 decades.
They sell 3 types of weight loss supplements;
- PhenQ – A Caffeinated Weight loss pill (daytime)
- PhenQ PM – A Stimulant-free, Nighttime fat burner (Find out all about it here)
- PhenQ Meal Replacement Shakes
These products make healthy weight loss easier. That’s why PhenQ has over 190,000 customers around the globe.
Made with natural ingredients, PhenQ pills effectively prevent binge eating, reduce food cravings, boost metabolism, prevent fat accumulation in the body, and give you an energy uplift.
Conversely, Lipo 6 is manufactured by Nutrex Research. This product line includes 13 potent weight loss supplements, including fat burner pills and body shape-defining gel.
Lipo-6 Black is the oldest and most popular variant among all these.
It is formulated to curb appetite and improve fat oxidation in the body so that you can easily shed those extra pounds.
Plus, it gives a strong energy punch owing to its high stimulant content.
Now, let’s dig into their ingredient lists to find out which works best for weight loss.
PhenQ Vs. Lipo 6 – Which one is more effective & best for weight loss?
Both Supplements trigger Fat Burn Through Multiple Mechanisms
PhenQ ingredients work as follows to burn fat;
- Caffeine; Stimulates the Nervous system to increase fat oxidation
- L-carnitine; Promotes transportation and breakdown of fats in mitochondria (the fat-burning unit of the cell).
- Alpha Lipoic acid; Reduces conversion of carbs to fats so they cannot be stored in fatty tissues. Also, it increases thermogenesis (heat production) in the body to increase fat burn.
- Capsimax Powder; Capsaicins from Capsicum and Black pepper extracts in this blend trigger browning of white fats. Brown fats are readily dissolved in metabolic processes compared to stubborn white fats.
On the other side, Lipo 6 promotes fat loss in two ways;
- Caffeine anhydrous, Yohimbine, Theobromine, and Rauwolscine; These ingredients have stimulatory properties and increase fat oxidation using stress responses.
- Grains of Paradise; Induce conversion of white fats to brown fats, helping fat loss as explained above.
- Black Pepper Extracts; These extracts also contain Capsaicin as a Capsimax blend of PhenQ, which helps convert stored white fats to brown fats. But their concentration and potency are lesser than Capsimax.
Thus, both Lipo-6 and PhenQ improve fat oxidation in multiple ways. But still, the numbers from user feedback suggest that Lipo-6 gives faster results.
Why? I have explained next;
Lipo 6 Kickstarts Fat Metabolism With Stimulants
Caffeine anhydrous is the key fat burner ingredient in both these products, but Lipo 6 has a significantly high amount of caffeine per serving.
Besides that, Lipo 6 also contains the following stimulants;
- Yohimbine HCL – a strong CNS stimulant
- Rauwolscine – a strong CNS stimulant
- Theobromine – a mild stimulant, also present in coffee and tea
The combined effects of these stimulants and the high caffeine dose are so strong that your nervous system will be stimulated for hours after taking Lipo-6 pills.
In turn, CNS stimulation increases adrenaline (a stress hormone) levels in the blood. Resultantly, your body starts breaking down stored fats and yields extra energy as a stress response.
So, Lipo-6 burns fats more quickly as it has higher stimulatory content than PhenQ.
Also, the users feel highly energized and often jittery after taking these pills.
PhenQ Thermogenics Enhances Metabolism Without Overstimulation
As discussed above, PhenQ ingredients boost metabolism in different ways. However, only caffeine anhydrous uses a stimulatory mechanism among these.
All others (Carnitine, Capsimax, Alpha Lipoic Acid) are potent but non-stimulatory fat burners.
So, they trigger fat loss without overburdening your nervous system.
Yet they are so effective in boosting metabolism that most people achieve 30-40 lbs weight reduction using PhenQ pills for 3-4 months.
New Fat Formation Reduces With PhenQ
Besides increasing metabolic speed and aiding in weight loss, PhenQ also provides a solution for weight regain.
Nopal Cactus extracts in PhenQ decrease fat absorption in the gut, making you excrete most of the fats in your food along with feces.
This way, PhenQ helps maintain a smart figure as only a few fat droplets form in your body, even if you eat fatty meals. However, a supplement alone can’t undo the harmful effects of a high-fat meal, so I highly recommend you to eat balanced meals with less and good fat content only.
PhenQ Is A More Natural Solution For Suppressing High Appetite
Stimulants also reduce appetite, besides increasing fat burn. So, both these pills suppress hunger owing to their stimulant content.
However, stimulatory appetite reduction is minor from PhenQ as it only has one stimulatory compound, i.e., caffeine anhydrous.
Still, it is a stronger craving reducer than Lipo-6 because it also employs 3 other strategies to keep you from binge eating and consuming sugary and fatty meals.
- Cysteine from α–Lacy’s Reset decreases the secretion of the natural hunger hormone (Gherlin).
- Innoslim stabilizes blood glucose and insulin levels. Resultantly, you don’t crave sugary foods.
- Nopal Fiber also helps in increasing satiety and keeps you full for longer.
PhenQ Vs. Lipo 6 – Which one is safer?
PhenQ Safety & Side Effects
Low Stimulant-content, Low Chances of Jitters
PhenQ is the safer weight loss drug than Lipo-6 mainly due to its smaller stimulatory content;
Firstly, caffeine is its only stimulant with proven health benefits when used in moderation.
And the quantity of caffeine per serving is only 142.5 mg. This way, your caffeine intake won’t exceed the safe limit even when you take the full dose.
It even leaves some capacity to drink coffee when using the fat burner. See this post to know how many cups you can still drink with PhenQ without feeling jittery.
Can Wave Off Sleep
Even though PhenQ is moderately stimulant, it can still disturb your sleep if you take a dose close to bedtime. Hence, it’s recommended not to use caffeinated pills after 3 pm. Use PhenQ PM to promote fat loss during the night.
Also, it can make falling asleep difficult for caffeine-sensitive people who haven’t yet adjusted their coffee intake with PhenQ.
If you are one of them, I suggest you lower your caffeine intake because sleeplessness due to caffeinated supplements like PhenQ can make you feel tired and give you headaches the next morning.
Related post: Can I drink coffee with PhenQ?
May Give You Headaches
This issue mostly relates to the sleeplessness caused by PhenQ. Brain tissues are exhausted by the combined effects of stimulation and sleep deprivation. Resultantly, you experience headaches and may also feel irritated.
Can Upset the Gut, cause Nausea, and Diarrhea
Besides the stimulatory side effects of caffeine, PhenQ users also complain of gut issues. These complaints are mostly reported in the initial days as your gut needs some time to adjust to the potent thermogenic compounds of the pill.
But my tip for ditching these side effects is to start with 1 pill in the first week to familiarize your body with new ingredients and then switch to a full dose (2 pills daily).
Also, avoid using it on an empty stomach to prevent PhenQ nausea and acidity.
Also, check out my detailed posts about:
Lipo 6 Safety & Side Effects
Risk Of Overstimulation
Being overloaded with stimulants, Lipo-6 gives a heavy blow to your nervous system.
With 220 mg of concentrated caffeine in each serving, it works as a strong stimulant. This way, when you take 2 servings as the company recommends, your caffeine intake becomes 440 mg/day.
And it’s a huge amount!
It’s even higher than the safe daily limit recommended by FDA (400 mg).
Then it has Yohimbine HCl and Rauwolscine, aka. the stimulants notorious for causing severe illness when used in anti-obesity therapies.
FDA does not encourage the use of these compounds in any concentration. So, there’s no official safe limit declared.
Fitness experts also suggest minimal usage. However, the amount of these stimulants in Lipo-6 equals or exceeds the upper limit suggested by experts.
|Intake per serving
(Recommended dose of 2 servings/day)
|Suggested daily safe limit
Resultantly, these stimulants keep your brain in the “fight or flight” mode for a long time.
This kind of stimulation increases energy and focus in the beginning. But eventually, it exhausts you both mentally and physically.
That’s why it often becomes hard to continue with the pills after a few days due to overstimulation.
Disturbs Sleep Cycle
Your sleep is the first thing to be affected by overstimulation of the nervous system. When neural pathways are hyper-activated, it becomes difficult to fall asleep.
Sleep quality is also damaged. Ultimately, you are groggy and tired the next day.
Get Your Heart Racing
Stimulants increase blood flow to the body tissues by making your heart pump blood quickly.
If overdosed, stimulants can abruptly increase heart rate and blood pressure.
And user reviews also confirm that Lipo-6 can get your heart racing, causing severe palpitations. (Reviews added in the next section)
This makes Lipo-6 a risk factor for hypertension or heart issues. Also, it proves this fat burner is not for someone having heart issues or high blood pressure.
Causes Gut Issues
Stimulants not only trigger neural pathways but also irritate the gut lining. Hence, it’s not a surprise you will get gut issues due to a stimulant overdose.
This effect is also evident from the NJrob’s review:
PhenQ Vs. Lipo 6 – Which one is Cheaper?
PhenQ – Where to Buy & Price
PhenQ only sells through the official website, so there’s no PhenQ Amazon or Walmart store. So, don’t be fooled by unauthorized people selling counterfeit products like PhenQ Ultra.
Original PhenQ comes in bottles containing 1 month’s supply (60 pills). Pricing starts at $69.99 for 1 bottle, but you can get huge discounts on bulk purchases like;
- Buy 3 bottles for $139.99
- Buy 5 bottles for $209.99
Besides that, PhenQ is generous enough to provide free shipping worldwide without any minimum order restriction.
And if you don’t like the results, you can return the package within 60 days and get all your money back.
Bonus; Place your order now to get an extra 10% off.
Lipo 6 – Where to Buy & Price
Unlike PhenQ, Lipo-6 products are available both from the Nutrex Research website and the Official Amazon store.
1 bottle of Lipo-6 Black contains 40 servings and lasts for 20 days. The price per pack is $44.99, and they also provide easy installment options.
You can purchase bundles containing many Lipo-6 products, but Nutrex doesn’t provide discounts on bulk purchasing a single supplement.
Similarly, free shipping is only for U.S. residents, and that, too, is only available on orders above $80.
Lipo-6 and PhenQ Reviews
There are no PhenQ Amazon reviews, as it doesn’t sell there. But you can be assured of its efficacy and safety from many real PhenQ reviews posted on Trustpilot and opinions shared on Reddit and Quora.
Some inspiring weight loss stories include;
- Suha Ahmed from Canada reviewed PhenQ 5 stars. She wrote how the fat burner helped her lose extra weight and regain her confidence.
She had put on 10 kg weight and failed to lose it with numerous other products. But PhenQ resolved her problem and helped her get rid of these extra pounds.
- Dean Cox said PhenQ gave him the extra help to lose weight that he couldn’t get off without it. Using PhenQ, he has lost over 1 stone (14 pounds) of belly fat.
- Describing the appetite-curbing powers of PhenQ, a Reddit user wrote that PhenQ has reduced his appetite to 1/4th. He is now satisfied with much smaller meals, and dessert cravings are also gone.
Lipo 6 Reviews
Lipo-6 reviews prove it to be an effective fat burner, as many users report seeing the changes in the first week.
However, a thing that raises concerns is its low safety profile. While describing how well these pills work, users also mention that they still quit them sooner due to side effects.
Here are a few of Lipo-6 user experiences;
- Claribeth R. from the United States called the product “So, so.” In her Amazon review, she said that Lipo-6 seemed to work as it suppressed her appetite very well. However, she only used it for 3 days as it made her feel super jittery. It made her heart race all time, which felt unsafe, so she quit the fat burner.
- Sofio shared similar views. She has lost 15 lbs in just 3 weeks, combining Lipo-6 with HIIT workouts and a healthy diet. However, she cautioned other users that this weight loss product isn’t completely safe and health-friendly. So, they better take 1 pill instead of the full recommended dose of 3 pills per serving.
- Wakenbacons commented on a Reddit thread related to Lipo-6 reviews. And like many Amazon reviews, he also confirmed that it burns fats but makes you feel jittery. He said he lost about 20 lbs weight in a month using Lipo-6 Black.
However, he stopped using the pills because they caused him muscle spasms.
PhenQ Vs. Lipo 6 – Similarities/Differences
|Fat burning efficacy
|Shipping and Refund
|Where to Buy
Does Lipo-6 really burn fat?
Yes, it is an effective fat burner.
Real Lipo-6 reviews mentioned above show how quickly the weight loss results come with this supplement.
Which lipo-6 is best?
Lipo 6 Black is the best product in the Nutrex weight loss range because it does not have a super high stimulant content as Lipo-6 concentrate or Intense. So, it’s a lot safer than those.
On the other side, it is more potent and effective for fat burn than stimulant-free Lipo-6 products.
Is Lipo 6 a steroid?
Lipo-6 is not a steroid, but these fat burners contain many stimulants. So they provide a strong energy boost and cause stimulatory side effects like insomnia, jitters, increased heartbeat, etc.
How much weight can you lose on PhenQ?
Weight loss results depend on your diet and lifestyle, but most people lose up to 5 lbs in a month with PhenQ.
Read this post to know how much weight different users lost with PhenQ after 2 weeks, 1 month, and 3 months.
Final Thoughts: PhenQ – Best overall?
PhenQ is a better weight loss than Lipo-6 due to three reasons;
- Firstly, it only has a moderate stimulant content. So, it provides quick but safer weight loss and does not make you prone to severe health issues like hypertension and depression.
- Secondly, it keeps your body from absorbing fatty acids and adds new fat droplets to tissues.
- And lastly, appetite suppression is more natural and effective with PhenQ.
All in all, PhenQ is an all-in-one weight loss solution that helps you easily create a calorie deficit, speed up your metabolism, and stay energized when dieting.
Important Disclaimer: The information contained on MAX HEALTH LIVING is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet or taking supplements that may interfere with medications.
Who We Are
We are a team of fitness, health, and supplement experts, and content creators. Over the past 4 years, we have spent over 123,000 hours researching food supplements, meal shakes, weight loss, and healthy living. Our aim is to educate people about their effects, benefits, and how to achieve a maximum healthy lifestyle. Read more.